Monday, August 14, 2023

The Night After L'Amère à Boire,

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
I've told myself that this wouldn't last more than a few weeks.
I forced myself to numbing to cope from the heartbreak I suffered months to survive.

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
from our first kiss under the light of Flagey's bus stop to Étangs d'Ixelles.
Something in your kiss felt like home..

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
for letting me dancing to QOTSA while strolling the way back to your place. 

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
you and your nagging cough.

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
a month later, still waking up next to you with a Songbird by Fleetwood Mac. 

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
dancing to some stupid techno tunes in the morning with your silly cycling shades on me. 

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
a kiss on my cheek while I was munching your Nduja Siu Mai on my birthday.

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
dancing in the middle of Bruges Markt to Dancing Queen by ABBA from your Spotify.

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
you and your Yangnyeom Chicken that took hours to cook.

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
I'm writing this now on your couch while waiting for you to wake up and send me off to tram stop.

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
I started to let myself fall for you. Maybe a bit too hard..

The night after L'Amère à Boire, 
thank you for being consistent
and making me feel special everyday. :)


Brussels, 14 August 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment