Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Apocalypse

 Image

It has been 10 minutes since my plane was off of the ground from Kastrup Airport. Not like my last visit to Denmark, today the scenery of Ã˜resund bridge is wistfully covered by the clouds, as if to keep me sane from the thought of you. 

My Spotify is randomly shuffling to Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex now, throwing back the memory to the first morning I woke up at your place.

"I am old now, this is the kind of song I'd prefer to listen in the morning. It's relaxing." you said.

Image

I won't lie it felt nice to hear your voice again over the phone last night. I was sitting on the bench near Mindeankeret, witnessing the city lights turning on while the sky getting darker. Just right after you hang up the call, I told myself to pour our memories into the canal of Nyhavn. But I just couldn't.. I felt like turning back the time and freeze the moment. 

I know this might sound pathetic, but have you considered to finally choose me when you have more time?

Dear,

most days, I don't feel like half, but I'll be better. 

If in the rare case I do cross your mind, you should know that you always cross mine. I promise I'll be better. 

I am still mourning to your smirking lips to this day.. but again, I promise I'll be better. But just not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment